With over 15 years of experience with technology, I’ve accomplished many great contributions in this world. The list below is just a sampling of the wonderful things I can do for your company.
- Taught internal class on Sun’s debugger to our software engineering team while working at Raytheon.
- Spoke at many social media presentations to small businesses as well as to CHFA at their Denver office.
- I’m a co-host on KAFM 88.1 twice a month for “The Tech Guys” show.
- I have used and embraced Linux daily for nearly 20 years.
- Remote administration of Apache servers via key based SSH
- I have separate test and staging areas set up for my WordPress sites in a Subversion repository.
- Confident with key DNS records ( A, MX, NS, CNAME )
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services key products ( EC2, Route53, S3 and CloudFront )
- I have located and repaired corrupt MySQL databases for WordPress blogs.
- I automate daily tasks with shell scripts and cron
- Installed and configured a Postfix mail server with virtual domains on an Amazon micro instance
- Setup, configured and transferred several WordPress sites from a managed VPS using Apache, to an unmanaged server using Varnish, Nginx and APC
- I create isochronic brainwave entrainment tones in MP3 and WAV formats, using the libsnd toolkit in C.
- Rewrote a C++ build system using the expat XML parsing library to reduce rebuild times and create a better dependency tracking system.
- Created a prototype project to integrate Lua, C and Sqlite into one framework.
- Converted language files from Lexx and Yacc to the open source Flex and Bison.
- I Upgraded and maintained an internal equation processing language to be more flexible, handle more use cases, and recapture lost requirements.
- Identified, implemented, tested and integrated a key leap second problem that affected the entire satellite program I was working on.
- I’ve created custom trading indicators for stock brokers and traders
- I’ve connected TradeStation’s EasyLanguage and C++ together to create power trading indicators for traders
- Partnered with NinjaTrader as a preferred solutions provider for custom indicators
- Developed a website in C++ that computed and displayed the correlations of trading pairs for pairs traders.
- Started a project to chart stock prices with indicators using the wxWidgets framework
Web Programming / WordPress
- Proficient user of Firebug extension to debug web pages.
- Solid understanding of CSS and HTML
- Create responsive WordPress themes and websites by integrating PHP and CSS frameworks together.
- Wrote a PHP WordPress plugin to A/B split test posts to find which one converts better.
- Create web forms written in C++, and integrate them into existing frameworks.
- Created an entire article directory website in C++
- Created a URL shortener in C++ titled “Stealth Links”, with URL redirection and click tracking
- Wrote a pre-processor C++ framework that integrates HTML templates with the power of C++ programming.
- Created simple Ruby on Rails web project for real estate site.
- Integrated PayPal API into a CForms WordPress contact form, with several options and features, such as down payment to not exceed PayPal’s transaction amount threshold.
- Fix hacked WordPress blogs in emergency and after hours situations.
- Fix WordPress’s admin “white screen” for clients
- Used defect tracking software to manage and track software projects.
- Used ClearCase for versioning with iterative workflow on our satellite project
- Used STL templates extensively for portability and speed up development time.
- Our system was highly multi-threaded, with more than 100 threads running at any given time.
- Used Orbix and RW CORBA for interprocess communication.
- Took ownership of our equation processing system.
- Became the goto guy for complex debugging issues.